Data mining is a process used by gaming companies to turn raw data into useful information. By using software to look for patterns in large batches of data, game studios can learn more about their gamers to develop more effective marketing strategies, increase revenues and decrease costs of user acquisition.
Data MiningData analysis is the process of evaluating data. We will guide you through how to get the most out of your data so you get insightful, meaningful answers.
Typical consulting services:
- Client data integration and reporting from disparate sources
- Online game performance tracking and analysis
- F2P analytics, forecasting and modeling
- General data science challenges focusing on games
While review scores and perceived game quality are frequently used to help forecast game sales, they are often very unreliable and too many games defy rules that regression and other quantitative analyses would dictate. The one true forecaster of game sales that has no historically good measure is accessibility.
Accessibility is the likelihood of a consumer enjoying a game. This means that a game must penetrate all the layers of consumer and market activities that keep a game from being purchased and enjoyed.
Games with higher accessibility sell more than games with lower accessibility. While this definition is simple on the surface, it is highly complex metric composed of many qualitative, technological and creative factors both internal and external to the game itself that vary by genre, platform, brand and even release window.
Here’s what you can expect from our Accessibility Assessment:
- Forward looking Genre / Category analysis and competitive landscape overview of future game releases
- Analysis of how your game’s story, gameplay and presentation will impact its accessibility
- Specific recommendations to increase accessibility (and thus sales)