Covid-19 and Gaming;
Corona Virus and Games Industry – In this episode 14 I am asking a few questions besides my take on what might happen in the games industry! I am inviting you to come and brainstorm. Let other people know, that I am trying to get something going here, where we, as a gaming industry, compare notes/thoughts/ideas. What can we expect from ourselves, the consumer and more. Check the question below about the corona virus and games industry and give me your input in the comments.
Covid-19 and Gaming
1. Are we going to see more revenues in second part of 2020;
2. Or will this decline when people have to get back at work;
3. Will the consumer get fincialy hit by the Corona Virus and will this have an effect on gaming revenues;
4. Big esports companies are seeing digital revenues going up, but event and merchandise revenues going down;
5. Were these esports companies more dependable on offline revenues then online revenues?
6. If we all think people will have less to spend then the following questions;
6.1; Are you launching massively all together in second half year 2020
6.2; Are the CPI’s going to be too high then
6.3; Are the lifetime revenues being surpressed by financial difficulties of the gaming audience
6.4; Will people stick to their old love instead of trying another game
7. Just a thoughts; end of 2020 entrance tickets for esports events will be too expensive!
Reinout is a games investor and strategic business consultant specializing in the games industry. Reinout established his credentials through his own successful investments, start-ups, consulting and (advisory) board positions that led through time to strong bonds with key stakeholders in this fast paced industry. He is known for his outstanding results in the gaming industry. He has worked with many game studios around the globe and is therefore well known in the international gaming industry.
With over 20+ years of experience, well known publishers, AAA+ game developers, serial gaming entrepreneurs and management teams of gaming corporations consult him on matters that behold financial, technical, operational, strategic and commercial.
I am observing and overseeing several boards of gaming companies. My trademark is to listen, strategize and give feedback to the stakeholders involved. I also represent management/founders towards shareholders and vice versa.